Did you know, 11% of Pakistanis love eating paye irrespective of time and season? It’s a favorite breakfast in Lahore, but then again… it’s a favorite lunch and dinner as well.
It’s an old saying, all good things come with time and patience. There’s no quick way to cook scrumptious Mutton or Beef paye. But don’t worry… You DON’T NEED TO COOK PAYE OVERNIGHT as they used to in the olden times. In a pressure cooker, you can cook authentic Mutton Paya in a couple of hours at the most.
Goat Trotters (Lamb Paya) are extremely beneficial. They are full of energy, vitamins, collagen, and other essential nutrients. If you lead an active life, suffer from arthritis, or find yourself unable to sleep at night, this mutton paya recipe might just do the trick!
Lahori Mutton Paya (Goat Trotters) Recipe
- June 6, 2021
- Print this
- Mutton Paya (Trotters) 4 to 5
- Ginger-garlic-chili paste 1 tbsp
- Onion 1 big blended
- Apple cider 2 tbsp
- Tomato 1 big blended
- Coriander-cumin powder 2 tbsp
- Chat masala 1.5 tbsp (optional)
- Salt 1.5 tsp or as required
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Chilli flakes ½ tsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp crushed
- Ginger and Chili for garnishing
- Step 1
- 1: In a pressure cooker, add olive oil and garlic-ginger-chili paste.
- Step 2
- 2: Now add salt, pepper, chili flakes, garam masala, turmeric, chat masala, and cumin-coriander powder.
- Step 3
- 3: Keep stirring on medium flame and add water as required.
- Step 4
- 4: Add the blended onion to the cooker and drizzle water whenever required.
- Step 5
- 5: Add blended tomato and keep stirring, adding water if necessary.
- Step 6
- 6: Add apple cider and wait till the mixture comes to boil.
- Step 7
- 7: Now add paye (trotters) in the cooker and add sufficient water to soak them.
- Step 8
- 8: Check after 30 minutes. Trotters should seem half done.
- Step 9
- 9: Pressure cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Step 10
- 10: Paye should be ready by then. Adjust salt and gravy according to your taste.
- Step 11
- 11: Garnish with ginger and chili for an appetizing taste.
Serve Mutton Paya with Naan or boiled rice.