Tawa-Fried Surmai fish is quite common but did you know you can make scrumptious Surmai fish kebabs with some simple ingredients.
Surmai is a popular subcontinent fish found in the Indian Ocean. Also known as Seer fish and Indo-Pacific King Mackerel, it’s high in vitamins, minerals, and proteins which are necessary for a healthy body. Add Surmai fish in your diet to stay in fine fettle, all year long.
Everyone loves kebabs, especially the kids! These easy, tasty, and healthy fish kebabs can be a power-packed addition to any meal, with rice, curry or chapatis. Garnish your Surmai fish kebabs with smoked onions, lime juice, and fried chili.
Surmai Fish Kebab
- March 18, 2021
- Print this
- Yellow Lentil 1 cup boiled
- Surmai Fish 400 grams steamed and deboned
- Garlic Cloves 4 to 5
- Ginger 1 inch piece
- Lime juice 2 tbsps
- Cumin Coriander 3 tbsp
- Salt To Taste
- Garam masala 1 tbsp
- Chili flakes 1.5 tsp
- Black pepper 1.5 tsp
- Chat masala 1.5 tsp
- Olive Oil 1 tbsp
- Egg 1 medium
- Step 1
- 1: Add yellow boiled lentils and steamed Surmai fish in a bowl.
- Step 2
- 2: Now add salt, pepper, chili, chat masala, garam masala, cumin-coriander, and lime juice.
- Step 3
- 3: Add chopped garlic and ginger.
- Step 4
- 4: Mix and chop everything in a chopper.
- Step 5
- 5: Add olive oil and pulse for a few times.
- Step 6
- 6: Pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Step 7
- 7: Add one egg and mix it well.
- Step 8
- 8: Now shape the mixture into kebabs and fry both sides in a greased pan.
Your Surmai Fish Kebabs are ready to be served!