Note: This recipe can be made with any fish of your choice.
Fish is not just a tasteful alternative for beef and chicken, but also a highly nutritional food. It’s an important source of omega-3 fatty acids, boosting health and happiness.
People often pair chicken with rice, but you’ll be amazed at the finger-licking awesomeness of this Fish Tikka Masala Rice. You can pair up this dish with Fish, Mushrooms, and Broccoli Gravy, or Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe.
Kids often don’t like to eat fish other than finger fish or Fish and Chips. Fish Tikka Masala Rice is a delectable way of introducing different fish types to choosy kids (and adults). Got a surprise visit from your friends or family? This palatable recipe is a lifesaver! It can be cooked without much hassle and tastes divine!
Fish Tikka Masala Rice Recipe
- March 18, 2021
- Print this
- Ingredients for Fish Tikka Marination
- River sole boneless fish 8 to 10 pieces
- Ginger Paste 1 tsp
- Garlic Paste 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Cumin coriander powder 1.5 tbsp
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Chili flakes 1 tbsp
- Lime juice 3 tbsp
- Apple Cider vinegar
- Olive oil 2 tsp
- Ingredients for Masala Rice
- River sole Fish Head 1 piece
- Green cardamom 2 to 3
- Black cardamom 1 to 2
- Cumin whole 1 tsp
- Cloves 2 to 3
- Black pepper 6 to 8
- Cinnamon stick 1 inch
- Garlic cloves 3 to 4
- Ginger 1 inch
- Green chili 2 to 3 small
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Water 2 cups approx
- Turmeric ½ tsp
- Salt 2 tsp
- Onion 1 big
- Remaining marinate
- Rice 2.5 cups
- Step 1
- 1: Marinate the fish with all the ingredients for marination.
- Step 2
- 2: Rub the fish well and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Step 3
- 3: Roast the fish on a medium flame for 10 minutes on each side.
- Step 4
- 4: Keep the remaining marinate aside. It will be used in preparing rice.
- Step 5
- 5: For cooking rice, pour some olive oil in a deep pan or wok.
- Step 6
- 6: Saute cardamom, cumin, pepper, cloves, and cinnamon.
- Step 7
- 7: Add garlic, ginger, and green chili into it.
- Step 8
- 8: Add fish head and saute it for a while with all the spices.
- Step 9
- 9: Now add two cups of water to make fish head broth.
- Step 10
- 10: Add turmeric, pink salt, fried onion, cumin-coriander, and the remaining marinate mixture.
- Step 11
- 11: Let it all boil for 20 minutes, and then remove and discard the fish head.
- Step 12
- 12: Add rice and cook on high to medium flame.
- Step 13
- 14: Once the rice is almost cooked, place fish tikka pieces on top of the rice.
- Step 14
- 13: Cover the pan, and let the rice rest for 5 min on low flame.
Your Fish Tikka Masala Rice is ready to be served!