Both Ayurveda and allopathy testify to the healing powers of cinnamon. It’s a perfect spice that boosts your health because it’s loaded with antioxidants that protects your body from toxins and waste byproducts produced in our body.
Rich in texture with yummylicious taste and enriched with appetizing aroma, the Cinnamon Buns are iconic soul food. Feeling meh and looking for something easy yet delectable to make? Bake these buns and pamper yourself!
This easy Cinnamon Buns recipe allows you to make healthy substitutions such as brown sugar or jaggery instead of sugar. So, try these nutritional cinnamon buns and indulge yourself in the gooey goodness.
- March 18, 2021
- Print this
- Brown Sugar or Jaggery 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon Powder 2 to 3 tsp
- Butter 2 tbsp Unsalted
- Ingredients for Dough
- Water 1/2 cup
- Sugar 3 tsp
- Instant Yeast 2.5 tsp
- Plain Flour 1.5 cup
- Wheat Flour 1.5 cup
- Milk as required
- Egg 1 medium
- Step 1
- 1: Mix cinnamon and jaggery in a bowl and put it aside.
- Step 2
- 2: Take one cup of warm water, add yeast and sugar and mix it.
- Step 3
- 3: Now take plain flour and wheat flour in a bowl.
- Step 4
- 4: Add an egg and pour the foamed yeast mixture into it.
- Step 5
- 5: Mix them well with a spoon.
- Step 6
- 6: Keep adding milk as much as needed while stirring.
- Step 7
- 7: Once the ingredients come together, add olive oil and mix the dough well.
- Step 8
- 8: Keep it aside for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Step 9
- 9: Punch the dough down, drizzle a little olive oil and knead the dough.
- Step 10
- 10: Roll the dough out in a rectangular form till a-quarter inch thin.
- Step 11
- 11: Spread the butter onto the dough and sprinkle the cinnamon-jaggery mixture liberally.
- Step 12
- 12: Starting from one side, roll the dough as tight as possible.
- Step 13
- 13: Cut the roll at one-inch intervals, pat the rounds flat lightly and place them on the pan.
- Step 14
- 14: Cover and let them rise for 30 minutes (keep the flame off at this stage).
- Step 15
- 15: Now cook them on low flame for 15 minutes.
- Step 16
- 16: Flip them after 15 minutes.
- Step 17
- 17: Cover them again and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Step 18
- 18: Turn off the flame and let them rest, covered for another 5 minutes before serving.
Your Cinnamon Buns Recipe is ready to be served!