Though pretty tricky to make, the Habshi Halwa is one of the yummiest sweet dishes that instantly melts in your mouth. Lose yourself in its melting flavor and satiate your sweet tooth.
Habshi halwa is a traditional dessert loved in Pakistan and India. It’s packed with milk protein and is one of the best sweet treats for growing kids and athletes post-exercise. The ghee, nuts, and milk together make it a scrumptious snack and a healthy sweet dish for an active lifestyle.
If you don’t like the taste or texture of the Habshi halwa from the mart, make it yourself at home and control the sugar and fat content within the recipe. You can add more nuts to further increase its nutritional value.
Habshi Halwa / Sohn Halwa Recipe
- March 19, 2021
- Print this
- Whole milk 1 liter & 1 cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Lime juice 2 tbsps
- Cocoa Powder 2 tbsps
- Plain Flour 1 tbsp
- Flour 1 tbsp Whole Wheat
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Ghee 1.5 tbsp
- Nuts as per taste mix chopped
- Step 1
- 1: Take a medium sized saucepan, pour 1 liter milk and lime juice into it.
- Step 2
- 2: Keep flame to medium when water in the milk reduces to half.
- Step 3
- 3: Mix cocoa powder, plain flour and whole wheat flour into the remaining 1 cup milk.
- Step 4
- 4: Now add this mixture into lumpy milk.
- Step 5
- 5: Add vinegar, nuts and sugar and keep stirring on medium flame until the sugar dissolves.
- Step 6
- 6: Cook for 5 minutes.
- Step 7
- 7: Add ghee while stirring.
- Step 8
- 8: Let it cool for at least 2 hours